10 Ways to Burn 500 Calories (One is Just Sitting!)
One of my favorite aspects of motion seating and Swopper specifically is how easy it is to use and reap the benefits from. After a short adjustment period, sitting on these chairs becomes natural and we don’t even think about it … that is until we check out our waistline.
That’s right, Swopper has been shown to help users burn up to 300 – 500 calories a day depending on age, weight, sex and intensity of movement. Can your regular office chair do that??
To help illustrate just how much 500 calories is, here are 10 ways you can burn 500 calories:
- 65 minutes of downhill skiing, or 50 minutes of cross-country skiing.
- Jumping rope for 45 minutes
- An hour and a half of golfing, when you’re walking the course and carrying your clubs
- One hour on the stair stepper
- Six hours of kissing
- Running stairs for 45 minutes
- One hour on the rowing machine
- Two hours of yoga
- 50 minutes of full-court basketball
- Sitting on a Swopper during your work day!!
I don’t know about you, but if I’m choosing between 45 minutes of running stairs and simply sitting on a Swopper at work, I’ll take the Swopper any day.
Are you interested in tracking exactly how many calories you burn each day while sitting on the Swopper? Then stay tuned because coming this winter, our new Swopper Fit app will allow you to do just that. More details to come.
Tell us, what’s your preferred way to burn 500 calories?
~ Chas Hepler, CEO & President