Exercises to Do At Your Desk
Let’s face it, sitting at a desk all day can wreck havoc on your body. Muscles sit unused and gains at the gym seem to waste away. Beyond taking breaks to walk, it can feel like there’s nothing you can do to combat the negative affects of sitting all day.
Thankfully with a bit of ingenuity, you can bring elements of your fitness routine right to your desk with simple, effective exercises that can be done at your desk.
Here are some of our favorite desk exercises to stay active in the office:
- Tricep dips. Utilize your desk to strengthen your upper arms and core.
- Wooden Leg: Or another term for leg lifts. Right from your chair you can strengthen your thighs, core and calve muscles.
- Invisible chair sit: Take a few minutes every few hours to do some squats right at your desk for a great all-body workout.
- Desk push ups: Use your desk again to do some angled push ups at your desk. Or impress your coworkers by doing traditional floor pushups every now and then.
- Invest in a motion chair: Keep your body in motion all day long without even thinking about it by using a swopper, muvman or 3dee motion chair. You can even burn up to 500 extra calories per day using one of these chairs, while also strengthening your body, core and legs.
Working in an office all day does not mean you have to lose your physical strength. Use these exercises to keep your shape up. Have some desk exercises to add? Leave your ideas in the comments!
~ Jenn Lytle