Five Professions That Need to Use Muvman Stools
Every time I present muvman to people they always love all the features and functions of the stool, the health and wellness benefits and the dynamic design. Then as they play with it, you can see the wheels spinning in their head as to where they could utilize muvman.
Often in my day to day life, I come across people at their place of work and think “they could really benefit from a muvman.” Really anyone who spends much of their day standing or transitioning from a sit to stand position is primed for a muvman stool.
I thought it would be fun to list out the top five professions I think could benefit the most from using a muvman.
- Lab/Pharmacy/Specialized Medical Procedures – most pharmacists work at higher counters, often standing for long periods. They also work in tight spaces that require freedom of movement. To me, the muvman is the perfect companion for these healthcare workers.The size of muvman is perfect for tight pharmacy space. People who work with microscopes love muvman as it helps eliminate the “hunchback” posture due to the natural 4 degree forward tilt. Also since there are typically a number of employees utilizing the same space, muvman can easily be adjusted to fit each individual.
- Architects/Designers – these folks often congregate around large project tables reviewing large plans or researching finishes and samples. These meetings can be quite lengthy so muvman offers them options to perch or stand. Also, being in the design business, they need to relay a look of high design themselves, present their firm as being cutting edge…and nothing says that better than muvman.
- Assembly & Manufacturing – many times these jobs can require an individual to do repetitive work, often not moving around too much, or working at height adjustable benches. Having the option to perch on a muvman, but still have lateral motion to reach for tools, adjust up and down and/or move things down the line can cause less fatigue throughout their workday.
- Kiosks – I think anyone who works behind or in a kiosk situation is in a perfect position to use a muvman. They typically have little room, stand for long periods of time, yet need to look at and be engaged with their customer. Think of all those kiosks you see in the malls- Verizon, perfume/cosmetic etc…
- Bank Tellers – this is a no brainer! Think of every bank teller you’ve ever dealt with….they stand! Even if they have a typical stool to use, they don’t because it’s too big and bulky for their space and makes them sit further away from the counter and customer. Then they are having to “hunch” forward to reach everything they need to do. The muvman is a great solution for anyone working as a bank teller.
These are only 5 areas, and as we know the applications are endless – elevator operators, high tech, higher education, gaming, hospitality, hobbyists, security guards, libraries, newscasters, toll booth operators, airline and car rental counters, muscians, mail sorters etc. THE OPTIONS ARE ENDLESS.
Again….the 2 key points to remember about what jobs are ideal for a muvman:
- Work areas that can go from a sit to perch to stand position.
- People who are required to stand for long periods of time. Muvman can alleviate the fatigue that comes with that.
Do you think people in your occupation could benefit from a muvman? Leave a comment with what you do.
~ Sandra Bowie, Motion Seating Director