You spend a lot of time in your office chair, so when purchasing a new one, you want to make sure it is the perfect fit for your needs. Our motion chairs are so unique that often we hear from customers that they just don’t know where to start in choosing one.
Here at Via Seating, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. If you feel stumped at all on choosing a chair, I personally will hop on the phone with you to talk through every option and how they could fit your lifestyle.
Some of the questions I may ask you include:
Are you glued to your computer all day? Is the phone literally attached to you?
Are you a wanderer worker? Back and forth to your desk to the conference room?
The easy to carry muvman is ideal for you.
Do you use a standing desk, work behind a counter-height desk or like to adjust your height all day?
Definitely a muvman perching chair.
Do you just love to get a little exercise snuck in during the day?
Does your back often get sore or your muscles fatigued while sitting?
With the swopper chair, when you feel your body starting to feel fatigued from sitting in one spot, you immediately can rectify the situation by moving side to side or by bouncing up and down to get your muscles and blood flowing right away!
Depending on what your routine looks like at work or at home, we can help you pick out the best motion office chair for your needs. Call or email me anytime to start discussing which office chair is best for you!
855.272.5074 or email@example.com
~ Jenn Lytle
“Sitting is the new smoking,” “Sitting for long periods of time at work can take years off of your life,” “Static sitting contributes to chronic disease.” These are just some of the headlines that have raised awareness to the dangers of sitting behind a desk in front of a computer all day.
The answer for many people is: If sitting is bad, I will stand. Height adjustable desks are the rage. The problem is, there are issues with standing all day long as well…
- It loads up on your joints
- It can contribute to foot issues like plantar fasciitis
- You can get into bad standing postures aggravating issues in your hips and back
- Your heart has to work extra hard to fight gravity and get blood to your brain
Muvman is the ultimate solution for people that buy height adjustable desks. It is a perching chair. First of all, it has a range of 20” to 33” inches tall. This allows you to go all the way from a sitting position to almost standing with having enough weight on the chair to take the load off your joints while allowing a full range of motion.
Muvman allows you to work at any of the heights in-between, so you can use the full range of motion of the desk and not just be stuck with sitting or standing. When you want to stand, Muvman only weighs 13lbs so you can simply lift it out of the way under the desk. When you have a normal office chair with a standing desk, it is in the way when you want to stand, and it takes up a large footprint.
Disease doesn’t happen overnight. It is the cumulative effect of lifestyle choices over time. Sitting for 8+ hours a day, day after day, is not good and reduces circulation, reduces the amount of oxygen you take in and have in your bloodstream that goes to your brain, and slows your metabolism to practically zero. Having an active office with a height adjustable desk and a Muvman is committing to a healthy lifestyle that will improve your calorie burn, give you more energy, and increase your productivity.
Is muvman the right choice for you? Please call 855.272.5074 for a free phone consultation on what motion product fits best for you and your working environment!
~ Chas Hepler
More and more of the workforce is leaving the office environment and embracing the work-from-home trend. Working from home is no longer relegated for independent contractors. In fact, many companies are eschewing the traditional office for better work life balance in an effort to attract top talent, regardless of where they’re located.
While working from home has many benefits, there are some potential issues. Follow the below tips to make working from home a success for yourself and your team.
- Keep to a Routine: It’s easy to get lax while working at home. Keep yourself to a strict routine – like always starting work by 8:30 am, breaking for lunch at noon and stopping for the day at 5:00 pm – to keep yourself on task.
- Set up a proper workspace: Designate an office space for yourself at home so you feel like you’re “going to work” when you enter that space. Get the appropriate work furniture like a stand up desk and Muvman sit to stand stool to make your space inviting and functional.
- Just say no to pajamas: Even though you aren’t seeing people face to face, getting dressed for work each day can help make you feel prepared to tackle your day.
- Reach out to coworkers daily: It’s easy to feel a bit isolated working from home. That’s why it’s important to make sure you’re having calls with coworkers daily to keep the lines of communication open and effective.
- Avoid distractions: A traditional workplace can have a lot of distractions, but working from home brings it’s own set as well. Set up a gate to keep children out of your workspace, don’t work in the same room as a tv and commit to limiting your web browsing.
- Know when to shut down for the day: When your work is at home, it’s easy to feel the urge to ALWAYS be working. Set limits for yourself and prioritize your family/down time too.
- Keep active: One of the perks of working from home is the ability to stay active without the curious stares of coworkers. Get outside in your backyard for a quick workout, go for a lunch time walk or invest in a motion office chair, like swopper, and bounce, tilt or sway the day away.
If you’re lucky enough to work from home, following these tips can make your workday for productive and enjoyable. Leave a comment with any tips you have for making working from home a success!
~ Jenn Lytle
Let’s face it, sitting in an office all day while it’s beautiful outside can be a downer. Summer is a time when the sun is shining, the pool is open and the urge to enjoy the outdoors is overwhelming. Follow these tips to make the most of summer while at your 9-5 office job.
1. Bring your favorite blooms to your desk. Love to garden? Snip some of your favorite backyard blooms to enjoy at your workspace all day.
2. Take your active time outdoors. We all know it’s good to take frequent breaks to get up and move your body. This summer, take those breaks outdoors by taking a walk around your workplace to enjoy the sun.
3. Organize a team outing. Summer is a great time to get your work team together for some team building. Find a local high ropes course, go to a baseball game or volunteer to plant flowers at a local park.
4. Keep active at your desk. Something about summer makes you want to move your body. Burn off your extra energy while sitting at your desk with a motion chair. Bounce, tilt and sway while getting lost in your work.
5. Talk your boss into summer Fridays or early release in the summer. Many progressive workplaces understand the need for work life balance – especially in the summer. Once a month summer Fridays or summer early release hours can help employees enjoy the longer days.
Let us know how you plan to enjoy the weather this summer! Leave a comment with your favorite way to spend the summer days.
~ Jenn Lytle
Let’s face it, sitting at a desk all day can wreck havoc on your body. Muscles sit unused and gains at the gym seem to waste away. Beyond taking breaks to walk, it can feel like there’s nothing you can do to combat the negative affects of sitting all day.
Thankfully with a bit of ingenuity, you can bring elements of your fitness routine right to your desk with simple, effective exercises that can be done at your desk.
Here are some of our favorite desk exercises to stay active in the office:
- Tricep dips. Utilize your desk to strengthen your upper arms and core.
- Wooden Leg: Or another term for leg lifts. Right from your chair you can strengthen your thighs, core and calve muscles.
- Invisible chair sit: Take a few minutes every few hours to do some squats right at your desk for a great all-body workout.
- Desk push ups: Use your desk again to do some angled push ups at your desk. Or impress your coworkers by doing traditional floor pushups every now and then.
- Invest in a motion chair: Keep your body in motion all day long without even thinking about it by using a swopper, muvman or 3dee motion chair. You can even burn up to 500 extra calories per day using one of these chairs, while also strengthening your body, core and legs.
Working in an office all day does not mean you have to lose your physical strength. Use these exercises to keep your shape up. Have some desk exercises to add? Leave your ideas in the comments!
~ Jenn Lytle
Spring is here and the sun is finally shining on a pretty regular basis. Yet you’re still stuck inside at your desk during the week. The urge to get outside and enjoy the warmer weather calls to us all. Here are some tips for beating cabin fever in the office.
– Put fresh flowers at your desk. Bring a bit of spring inside by keeping a steady rotation of sweet smelling, colorful fresh flowers on display at your desk.
– Pack a picnic lunch. Instead of eating at your desk or in the break room, pack a blanket and enjoy your lunch hour outside in the sun. Invite your co-workers for some vitamin D pick up as well.
– Open a window. If your desk is near a window, crack it open to allow the fresh air to infiltrate your work area. As an added bonus, you’ll get to hear the birds chirping!
– Find ways to move more at your desk. Get rid of the winter cobwebs so to speak and get your body moving while you work. A motion chair like swopper or 3dee are great ways to put some bounce in your seat.
– Plan an outdoors team-building project. Show your leadership by planning a service project or team-building event that is outdoors. You could plant flowers, do a high-ropes course or just go for a team hike to build morale.
– Take a short walk twice a day. Studies show moving throughout the day is the best way to combat the effects of too much sitting. Take two 15 minute walks outside each day to keep your body and mind in shape.
Have a tip for how to battle cabin fever this spring at work? Leave a comment on this blog with your best ideas!
Happy spring. 🙂
~ Jenn Lytle
We want to know which motion chair you are more intrigued by – the swopper air or the muvman sit-to-stand stool. From now until April 28, we are hosting a voting giveaway on our Facebook page. Cast your vote for your favorite motion chair and automatically be entered to win either a swopper air or muvman chair!
You will be entered to win regardless if your choice wins the face-off or not. Click the image below to go to our Facebook page to enter. Good luck!
~ Team Swopper
When introducing someone to the swopper chair, often we are asked what the benefits are of the swopper vs just sitting on a balance ball. In this post we’ll take a look at some key differentiators that make swopper incomparable when looking for the best motion seating option.
If you use the stability ball in place of an office chair, you might feel that the ball is not tall enough for you to reach your desktop. Stability balls often leave a user straining to reach their keyboard or other items on their desk, putting pressure on the back.
Swopper is ergonomically designed to ensure the perfect sit for any height or desk set up. It is height adjustable, so you can reduce any strain on your back.
Three Dimensional Movement:
A balance ball chair only moves safely in an up and down bouncing position. When you try to sway or move side to side, you run the risk of the ball moving out from under you, which can cause injury.
The swopper chair is the first ergonomic office chair in the world to move in all three dimensions. You can bounce, tilt and sway for optimal movement, while keeping your back safely aligned.
It’s not uncommon for a stability ball to burst, deflate or become punctured. This can be a threat to your health as you could fall off the ball and injure yourself. Not to mention the cost and hassle of having to purchase a brand new one.
Award-winning German manufacturer Aeris makes swopper with high quality materials. You can be sure that your investment in a swopper will go the distance and your chair will retain optimal performance for years to come.
You can read all about the many, many benefits of sitting on a swopper, including increased core strength, improved posture, eliminated back pain and even weight loss. Since its launch in 1997, the swopper is the be-all and end-all when it comes to healthy sitting in motion.
For this month only, use coupon code SPRINGSWOP at checkout for your 15% discount, good through the end of April on all motion products on www.swopper.com
Jennifer – Director of Customer Service
We work in partnership with some fantastic furniture dealerships and you know when someone who KNOWS furniture has a lot to say on our 3Dee Active Office Chair, it means something. That’s why we want to share the feedback we received today from Hayley from Smart Busiess Products, so you could see first hand what a new experience on 3Dee is like.
So…the 3-Dee chair. It was one of the chairs we had at the business conference with Scott. I’ll be honest, I’d not done the chair due diligence. I tried to sit in it for a couple of days and I didn’t’ like it because it had no arms. However, at the business conference, I had a chance to listen and learn from Scott—why it doesn’t have arms, how it works, what it does—and that it can burn up to 400 calories by sitting in it a day.
Last week, I decided to sit in the bad boy. Cold turkey, 8-9 hrs/day.
By Friday evening, I honestly thought I had a kidney stone my low back was so sore. All weekend, I moved like an old woman, crying about my low back—but it wasn’t just my back. It was my hips, my glutes, down into my legs. AKA my lower core.
Of course I googled it, and I decided that either the chair sucked and was going to end me OR it was doing what Scott said it would do and I was just THAT craptastic in the core area. And hey, after two c-sections, who wouldn’t be, right?
Monday morning, I decided to try it one more day to see how I felt (I was still sore), but noticed when I sat down, my pain suddenly went away. Again, this told me I NEEDED the 3-Dee chair. Later that morning, I shifted and my left hip had a huge POP, to the point Amy asked if I was ok.
Guess what? For the first time since I can remember, I felt NO impingement in my left hip. Even after the chiropractor. Oh sure, it got sore—but it truly felt as if my leg had been “popped” out of a jam up into my hip.
Today, while measuring casegoods at a client’s office, my right hip finally popped—to the point the customer asked me if I was ok. J
I’m not a tall drink of water, but I would swear I’m an inch taller. In addition to my lower back (despite being sore on the right side after the pop) feeling 98% better than it has felt since I was 23 years old (last year, I know), I’ve noticed a lot less tension in my upper back—since gravity is pulling down my shoulders and they aren’t stopped by armcaps.
Am I crazy? I will tell you Stuart commented that I was standing straighter than he had ever seen me stand. So as crazy as I am, I am now a believer. It took some time, but you get the official Hayley seal of approval on the 3-Dee. And you know that isn’t the easiest to come by!
Have a great day and thank you for introducing me to the 3-Dee. It really has made an impact—or lack thereof—on me! – Hayley
Thank you Hayley for taking the time to share your experience on the 3Dee Active Office Chair with us! This is the perfect example of what a “breaking in” period on a motion chair could look like. Once you get used to the new way of sitting, the benefits are endless.
~ Jenn Lytle
Once you’ve made the leap into motion seating, you’ll find it hard to remember why you didn’t buy one sooner. Don’t take it from us though, read on to check out some of our real customer testimonials to see what sitting on a motion chair like swopper is really like.
“My son had a bad hip, since fixed, and he bought one of your chairs to alleviate that pain. I’ve recently borrowed it while he’s been traveling and it relieved my back stiffness caused by the standard office chair. Besides, it’s kind of fun.”
– Wayne V.
(purchased swopper classic)
We hear again and again from swopper users who suffering from chronic back pain, joint stiffness and bad posture who find relief from swopper. Wayne’s testimonial shows the power motion seating has to engage your core muscles, strengthen your back and release pressure felt from stationary sitting.
We also frequently hear that sitting on a swopper makes the work day fun. Something about bouncing, tilting and swaying while you sit breaks up the long work days spent at your desk. In fact “this is so fun!” is the main response we hear from people the first time they sit on a swopper chair.
“I was looking for a chair that adjusted to a height where it could be used with a standing desk and was easier on the back and legs than a traditional chair. I just ran across the muvman. I like the movement and the tilt, as well as the ‘minimalist’ design, and it feels very durable and is easy to adjust.”
With the popularity of sit to stand work stations, many people are looking for a chair option that provides relief from both sitting all day AND standing all day. Muvman is the perfect companion for a sit to stand work set up.
As Brenda noted, the minimalist design makes muvman a breeze to adjust, lift and even bring with you for meetings. Plus the benefits of motion mean muvman allows you to stay always in motion while you perch.
It’s easy for us at Via Seating to tell you how fantastic our motion chairs are – we truly believe in the benefits of motion – but what tells an even better story is hearing from real-life motion chair users. It’s true that once you find motion chairs, you’ll never go back.
~ Jenn Lytle